Solar Projects Engineer Job at Davis & Shirtliff Group
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC. The company has a total complement of over 700 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region.
Applications are invited for the position of Solar Projects Engineer at the head office in Nairobi.
Solar Projects Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Technically lead engineering teams on a wide range of on and off grid solar PV projects.
- Designing and preparation of solar PV proposals in response to customer requirements.
- Participate in solar PV project deployments, supervision, monitoring, inspection and desnagging.
- Carrying out technical service visits and provide technical support as required.
- Understand East African regional grid and solar PV requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs.
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers and serve as the key contact person for EPC partners.
Qualifications for the Solar Projects Engineer Job
- 2 years‘ experience in Solar PV projects.
- Graduate in a relevant discipline from a recognised university.
- Minimum Upper Second Class Hons Degree.
- Licenced as a Solar PV Technician by the ERC.
- Written and spoken English.
- Computer skills including MS Office packages, MS Project andAutocad.
- Experience using SMA PV design software.
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
How to Apply