Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Rationale: As we organize ourselves to be a world class Business, Our Cloud Infrastructure sits at our core and has been given extreme focus as a pillar for growth.
We are in the business of helping people and businesses doing well and we will do this only if we care more about their success.
We have hence organized ourselves to continually build successful products and change the African market by providing products that cater to our customer demands ensuring we keep at the top of our market maintaining consistent quality in our delivery.
- Do you care about building highly available and scalable computing infrastructure?
- The Technology team is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join a team-oriented
- staff and share in the responsibility of building and maintaining Cellulant’s rapidly expanding IT Infrastructure.
- The role sits at the core of the organization’s platforms. It requires being an innovative
- engineer able to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- You possess vast experience building high performance and scalable Database Systems.
- A background in I.T., Computer Science, or Computer Systems Engineering is required for this
- Deep Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Network/IP based systems is highly
- The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills is a must.
- Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment. It is important to be customer oriented.
About the Team: You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb
technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest
levels of availability, performance, and security.
Qualifications for the role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience working as a Database administrator
- Vast Experience in deploying and managing highly available MYSQL Database systems
- Experience deploying services on Managed Databases using cloud providers such as AWS,
- GCP, Azure
- Experience with deploying Non-relational (NoSQL) databases will be an added advantage
- Solid Experience in administration of Linux environments
- Solid Experience with Virtualization platforms is required
- Experience with programming/scripting languages is desirable
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices,
- working within existing within the team approaches
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team Nice to have
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting,
- automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced
- configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Senior Database Administrator to email@example.com
before July 15th, 2020.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.