GRADE COB 7
Reporting to the Senior Fiscal Analyst, the officer will be responsible for undertaking analysis and scrutiny of the National Government budgets.
Responsibilities for the Fiscal Analyst Job
- Monitor monthly budget implementation for the National Government
- Verify supporting documents for withdrawal requests from public funds
- Analyze monthly expenditure returns and prepares monthly budget summary reports for the sectors including expenditure trends
- Prepare quarterly, annual and special reports on budget implementation for the legislature and the executive
- Undertake macro and micro economic budget analyses
Fiscal Analyst Job Qualifications
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance
- Social Sciences or its relevant from a recognized institution
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya
- At least 2 years relevant work experience
Required Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 18TH DECEMBER, 2018 at 5.00PM.