Ref No. CAK/07.11/2018
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving Authority’s motor vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyres pressure and other related routine checks;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems; Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Maintaining services and fuelling schedules for allocated motor vehicles; Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Adhering to traffic highway code and safety precautions in order to avoid accidents and violations;
- Reporting any accidents and incidents related to the allocated vehicles; and Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Driver Job Qualifications
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent;
- Valid driving license for the classes authorized to drive; Passed Occupational Trade Test grade I for Drivers;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution; and Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications to:
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
or; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or; Drop Point: Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block “D” ground floor,
The application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e -mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Applications close on 26thNovember, 2018 at 1700hrs.