Our client, a holding company representing interests in hospitality, retail and finance is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position at their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Company Secretary will be responsible for ensuring the company functions effectively and operates within its mandate by providing company secretarial services, governance and overall legal advice.
- Convening and servicing meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondences)
- Providing legal, financial and/or strategic advice to the management
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved and identifying and monitoring risks to business performance
- Providing support to the board or other committees on specific projects
- Acting as a point of contact and building good relationships with shareholders
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation
- Overseeing and reviewing the execution of contracts and other legal agreements between the companies and external entities
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Diploma in Law will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional registration
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Company Secretary role
- Able to effectively prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Courteous and professional demeanour with strong sense of discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “COMPANY SECRETARY” by Friday, 13th December 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.