As a customer-centric financial institution, we are on a mission to help our customers succeed by providing highly personalised services to deliver that personal touch. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
As the Project Manager, you’ll help make this happen. You will work project implementation team to develop efficient strategies and tactics that ensure all projects deliver the desirable outcome to the organization.
We are looking for a brilliant, dynamic and self-driven professional with a wide degree of creativity, latitude and an edge for project innovation and enhancement.
If this sounds like you then look no further; Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, it can only get more exciting for you; as you get to stretch yourself to new horizons, with opportunities at every step of your career!
Reporting to the Head – Projects & Infrastructure Finance, the successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget by reviewing and supporting processing of construction finance applications and maintenance of relationships with clients during project implementations in line with the bank’s business objectives.
Project Manager Job Roles
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Review projects in property development suitable for financing bearing in mind the risks and return parameters set by the bank.
- Monitor progress on project implementation, their financial and operational performance in collaboration with banks’ business and credit risk units.
- Handle queries from prospective clients and carry out preliminary site visits with business development teams.
- Provide guidance on re-packaging construction cases, review bank’s new applications for funding submitted from branch network and initiate disbursement memos for review by the BDM as per laid down procedures.
- Benchmark competition and advice on new product offerings while maintaining a project comparable database to assist the business in project analysis.
- Generate various management reports on performance of construction loan portfolio as well as maintain project files that relate to customer correspondence.
- Review submitted project documentation (Titles, approved architectural drawings, structural drawings, NEMA approvals & Licenses) and conduct pre-appraisal reviews and share findings to business development manager and prospective clients.
- Conduct initial technical analysis on projects i.e. scrutinizing Bill of quantities and approved plans to advance on adequacy of proposed costing in line with envisioned mode of project implementation.
- Review offer letter terms and conditions, hold meeting s with clients and conduct periodical site visits to assess projects.
Skills, Competencies and Experience for the Project Manager Job
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics, Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering or any other relevant training in construction with at least five years working experience in project planning & management.
- Proven knowledge in all mortgage finance products, projects and related business aspects is an added advantage.
- Proactive, assertive and highly adaptable to change with strong analytical skills and customer centric mindset.
- Personal organization and thoroughness coupled with the ability to work under minimum supervision with good Judgment skills.
- Ability to analyze data, information and situations for effective work performance with excellent attention to details and quality output.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number PM/CIB/2018 by 28th November, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.