Clinical Officer Job at SHOFCO
SHOFCO is a Kenyan registered Charity Organization with its Headquarters in Gatwekera – Kibera and other offices in New York, Mathare Slum, Mukuru Slum and Bangladesh with a plan to move to other slums in Kenya with a VISION of “Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty”.
It is a grassroots movement that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls.
The following is the open position that we seek to fill:
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work Station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reporting Relationships Reports to: Clinic Manager / Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for achieve SHOCO’s health overall mandate by implementing clinical services policies at the allocated facility.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Offer health care services to patients by taking history, examining patients, carry out investigations, prescribe treatment, follow-up of patients, and give health education talks.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Guide and counsel patients, clients, and staff on health issues.
- Respond to enquiries relating to patients, lab requests, x-rays, prescription requests, etc.
- Coordinate appointments for specialist referrals, x-rays, lab tests, etc. and convey pertinent instructions and information to the patient.
- Attend to clinical care centres patients and manage opportunistic infections.
- Conduct continuous medical education and health educations as may be required.
- Work with other team members and staff of other cadres in ensuring quality service provision.
- Be accountable for any equipment assigned and report to the line manager as may be required.
- Collect data and compile clinical reports.
- Collect and compile data for research on clinical services.
- Undergo coaching by more experienced clinical officers to achieve professional competences.
- Apply the SHOFCO’s health standard treatment and patient management.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Registered clinical officer preferably trained at KMTC
- Registration with clinical officer’s council with Current Practicing license is mandatory
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- 3 years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Basic HIV training/ experience
- Ability to : Take medical history of the patient, Perform a thorough physical examination, Order appropriate investigations, Make correct diagnosis, Prescribe and treat and Do patient follow-up
- Perform minor surgical procedures
Functional Skills: Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Adopting practical approaches
- Inviting feedback
- Making decisions
- Meeting timescales
- Interacting with people
- Taking action
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com or drop their hard copies at our Head Office in Kibera, Gatwekera.
Applications without this information will not be considered.