Chief Operating Engineer- FMCG Job at Recours
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area: Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Role: Production Manager, Chief Technician
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Our client is a leading bottling plant manufacturing carbonated soft drinks in PET bottles in Nairobi, Kenya, seeks to recruit a Chief Operating Engineer.
Responsibilities for the Chief Operating Engineer- FMCG Job
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the production line.
- Responsible for accurately completing and updating information forms and logs.
- Work with department managers to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, quality and shipping.
- Understand, follow and implement plant safety rules.
- Housekeeping: maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production.
- Have an exceptional knowledge of the machinery used for soft drinks bottling.
- Have knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Raw materials: keep all inventory in adequate amounts to ensure continuous smooth running of equipment and operation.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards. Responsible for reporting all quality defects.
- Follow KEBS regulations to ensure quality & safety standards are met.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of production; perform relief duties when required.
Chief Operating Engineer- FMCG Job Qualifications
- Candidate should have extensive (5+ years) experience in carbonated soft drink / juice processing and knowledge of operating and managing 5000-8000 BPH plant. Candidate should be capable of handling overall production / maintenance activities, spare part management, inventory control, intra department co-ordination, management information system.
- Under Graduate: Diploma (Mechanical/Electrical), B.Tech / B.E. (Mechanical/Electrical).
- Certificate or Diploma in Plant Operation, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Laboratory Technology or any other relevant field of study.
How to Apply:
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 24th October 2018. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Please indicate you current and expected salary while sending your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited