Procurement Officer Job at Chepkumia Tea Factory
Chepkumia Tea Factory Company Limited has established a new modern tea factory at Chepkumia location in Nandi County, which will produce high quality black tea for export and local markets through a socially and environmentally responsible and efficient manner. The Company is seeking to recruit goal-oriented, highly motivated and result- driven persons with exceptional qualities to fill the following vacancies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer of stock through company approved purchasing and storage systems;
- Liaise with other company operations to establish periodical stores’ needs and ensure that stock use and re-order levels are up-to date;
- Ensure that the factory keeps allowable levels of materials and stocks at all times.
- Ensure that necessary approvals are given for any stock requisition.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors and ensure that company requisitions meet the company standards;
- Raise monthly, quarterly reports on stock levels and make necessary requisitions for management approvals;
- Secretary of the Tender Committee and ensure that suppliers who meet the set thresholds are prequalified;
- Team leader on the procurement and stores health and safety committee.
- Make periodical reports to the management on all the stocks requirement.
- Degree in Stores and Procurement
- Registration with Kenya Institute of supplies management
- 5 years Experience
- Knowledge in computer applications
- A good sense of humour.
Detailed job descriptions are enclosed and can also be found on our website www.chepkumiatea.co.ke
NOTE TO INTERESTED APPLICANTS
- Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements for these vacancies to send their applications, detailed CV and testimonials/certificates to email@example.com
- Production Assistant, Outgrowers Officer, Finance officer, Factory engineer and Administration and Human Resource Officer to send applications on or before February 08, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by February 22, 2019 for interviews.
- Procurement Officer, Withering Supervisor, Packing Supervisor, Weighbridge clerk, Tea infuser, Green leaf Clerk, Extension and Liaison Officer, Accounts clerk, Electrician, Electrician mate, mechanical technician, mechanical mate, Security team leader and stores clerk to send applications on or before February 15, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by March 08, 2019 for interviews.
- Any form of canvassing or coercion will lead to automatic disqualification
- The company does NOT demand any payments to receive and/or process any job applications.
- Chepkumia Tea Factory is an equal opportunity Employer.