Sous Chef Job at Mambo Italia
Reports to The Executive Chef
To assist the head chef in ensuring consistency of product delivery by being strict on menu executions, maintaining hygiene, managing the pass, safety & hygiene standards, portioning control and handling personnel and related issues.
Responsibilities for the Sous Chef Job
- Assist the Executive Chef in coordinating the entire kitchen operation, stewarding, cooks/ prep cooks and the pass during scheduled shifts.
- Visits the customers on the table for quality check and customer service purposes
- Responsible for ensuring an outlets product Quality and Standard before the product gets to the customer.
- Work hand in hand with the Executive Chef during Menu revision
- Ensures a smooth operation durings shifts by ensuring allocating shift tasks are performed
- Responds to customer complaints, resolving them promptly and taking the necessary corrective actions, reporting all food issues to the head chef as soon as possible.
- Visiting clients on the table from time to time for quality check and customer service practices etc
- Ensuring FIFO policy is followed
- Preparation to minimise wastage and ensure customer gets value for money
- Maintains and ensures ordered supplies are delivered as per the request at all times.
- Observes stock levels and orders supplies, participates in monthly stocktake and daily closing stocks for the allocated outlet
- Ensures that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular basis (kitchen staff should clean as they work), food is disposed off properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Keeps the the head chef fully informed of all rising issues,unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, personnel and proper food approved
- Responsible for orienting, training and coaching and evaluation of new kitchen staff
- Ensuring that the (HACCP) is adhered to on a daily basis by all members of staff.
Sous Chef Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Culinary Arts/Certification in Food and Beverage production or similar qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Hospitality related field would be an added advantage
- Management and Supervisory skills
- HACCP training would be an added advantage
- Over 3 years’ experience in supervision in busy International Restaurant/Hotel Industry
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send a copy of their detailed CV and recent photo to
To apply, interested candidate should send a copy of their detailed CV and recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied, references must be indicated on the CV.
4/Feb /2019 deadline for submission of CV