The Centre for Governance and Development (CGD)
Vacancy Announcement: Administrative Secretary
The Centre for Governance and Development (CGD) is a registered policy research and advocacy not-for-profit organization formed in 1993 by leading civil society reformists to work towards the realization of a democratic political culture, respect for human rights and dignity and good governance. It envisions an informed and democratic society that is prosperous, equitable and committed to the rule of law.
CGD’s mission is to empower citizens, civil society organizations (CSOs), Government, and representative institutions for an equitable and democratic society through partnership building, research, capacity-building and advocacy.
CGD is seeking to hire an Administrative Secretary based in Nairobi on a one and a half year contract.
The position entails the performance of secretarial and administrative duties.
The key responsibilities of the Administrative Secretary are to:
- Types correspondence and ensures timely dispatch
- Responsible for conveying of messages
- Answers routine letters and calls
- Maintains the Executive Director’s diary.
- Manages an effective and efficient filing system.
- Maintains a comprehensive mailing list
- Assists in administrative duties such as organization of seminars and workshops, local purchases etc.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Education and professional background
- Full secretarial qualifications
- Certificate in management and Administration
- At least three years, some in a non-governmental organization
- Integrity, decisiveness, Commitment
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualification, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working email address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding email and cover letter must indicate the position/title on the subject line.
Send your application to email@example.com by January 25th 2019