Accountant II Job at Busia County
For direct appointment to the grade of Accountant II, candidate must meet the following qualifications:-
- A pass in Part II of Certified Public Accountants (Kenya) Examination or any other acceptable professional accountancy qualifications by virtue of which the holder is exempted from Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (Kenya) Examination.
- A bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting Option) from a recognized University or any other qualification adjudged to be its equivalent and by virtue of which the holder is exempted from Part I of the Certified Public Accounts (Kenya) Examination.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 leadership and integrity.
An officer at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope and complexity under guidance of a more Senior Officer. Specifically Work will involve:
- Verification of payment vouchers in accordance with laid down rules and regulations
- Collation of financial estimates; determination of aggregate expenditures
- Supervision of revenue collection processes
- Control of expenditure and below the line group of accounts
- General accounting work book keeping and routine accounting entries.
- The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are involved.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Certificate of good conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials, and send to the undersigned on or before 5th March, 2019 at 5.00 p.m.:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAG -50400