Internal Audit Job at Bukura Agricultural College
Ref. BAC/MIA/12/2018 (BAC 3)
The College seeks to recruit results driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following position;
Reporting to the Board, the manager is responsible for the provision of independent and objective assurance services on the College’s internal controls, risk management and governance.
- Providing the secretarial services to the Board Audit Committee;
- Preparing annual internal audit work plan for approval by Audit Committee of the Board;
- Preparing and reviewing internal audit charter;
- Preparing quarterly reports on the status of implementation of the internal audit annual work plan for submission to the Audit Committee;
- Developing and implementing an internal risk-based audit strategy;
- Planning and undertaking audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with policies, procedures and regulations;
- Conducting audit tests on internal controls in all processes;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the overall enterprise risk management program;
- Liaising with the Auditor General and ensuring follow up on the process of implementation of Internal and external audit recommendations; and
- Recommending mitigation measures to address identified weaknesses where necessary;
- Ensuring that the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines are prepared for approval;
- Supervising the preparation of work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- Review and submission of audit reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board;
- Draft Audit Committee Board Charter.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant work and at least two (2) years in management.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of CPA (K) and any of the following: CISA, CFE, CIA or its equivalent and either;
- Be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and any of the following professional bodies-Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
- Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of service: Permanent
How to Apply
Applications to reach the undersigned on or before 30th January, 2019
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.o Box 23-50105
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Qualified persons irrespective of age, gender, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘Bukura Agricultural College is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.’