Finance & Accounting Job at Bukura Agricultural College
Ref. BAC/MFA/12/2018 (BAC 3
The College seeks to recruit results driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following position;
Reporting to the Director Corporate and Strategy Services, the Manager is responsible for ensuring prudent management of financial resources by implementing accounting policies, systems and procedures; and report on financial performance of an organization.
- Consolidating and revising budget as per guidelines issued by the National Treasury and the Parent Ministry;
- Checking and approving expenditure and payments and sign bank instructions/cheques;
- Presentingfinancialreports to the Board and advice on financial implications and consequences of management/business decisions;
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and procedures to enhance internal controls;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and procedures in management of financialresources;
- Reviewing and ensuring timely submission of annual report and financial statements;
- Ensuring that the College liquidity position is appropriate and liaise with the Parent Ministry and Treasury for release of allocated funds;
- Reviewing of audit queries and implementing corrective actions;
- Developing and implementing effective processes in the finance unit to ensure seamless flow of servicedelivery. Such processes include but not limited to budgetary process, analysis and reporting;
- Developing short term, medium and long term revenue and expenditure framework;
- Ensuring compliance with various requirements of government agencies and statutory institutions as setout in various circulars and legislations;
- Controlling the College’s Finances to ensure that they are utilized in a lawful and efficient manner;
- Planning and determining cash flow needs, forecast and establish cash flow trends of the College;
- Preparing the annual budget execution reports, quarterly financial statements for programme andoperational budgets;
- Preparing Board and management financial reports;
- Liaising with the parent Ministry for GOK’s Grants and development partners’ funding;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate financial resources for the College programs and activities; and
- Staff performance management, training development and, mentorship.
- Have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university;
- Be Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent;
- Be registered with a professional body such as CPA, ACCA from a recognized institution;
- Be a Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body in good standing;
- Have a certificate in Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have proficiency in computer application skills:
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of service: Permanent
How to Apply
Applications to reach the undersigned on or before 30th January, 2019
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.o Box 23-50105
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Qualified persons irrespective of age, gender, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘Bukura Agricultural College is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.’