Vacant Position: Service Technician
Location: Nairobi – Annex / Enterprise
Industry: Automotive Industry
Reporting to: Service Manager
Salary Range: Kshs 40,000 – 50,000
Job Summary: Our client in leading motor vehicle business is seeking to fill the position of a Service Technician. He/she will provide automotive services by performing inspections, repairs, maintenance, and installations efficiently, safely, and according to the required quality and time standards.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all time spent on jobs and materials used are accurately recorded on job cards
- Work carefully to avoid accidental damage to vehicles and components during work activities
- Seek to minimize wastage of all materials, oils and fluids by careful use and encouraging careful use by
- Care for all plant and tools belonging to the business and avoid misuse of the same. Advise others on safe
and proper use of equipment and correct interpretation of data.
- Complete repair orders within specified time frame and correctly to pass quality inspections and alerts
appropriate personnel if delayed.
- Coordinate with Parts Department to ensure parts are available to complete repair.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary and what type of
diagnosis is needed
- Properly disposes of used parts and returns unused parts to the Parts Counterperson
- Promote dealership by presenting professional image, positive attitude, and clean work area.
- Road tests vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Perform preventive maintenance, cleaning, and repairs on dealership tools and equipment; ensures facility is clean and always organized.
- Perform factory warranty repairs according to established procedures.
- Follows all hazardous waste and safety regulations and company policies.
- Utilize provided technical assistance (e.g., Technical Bulletins, Hotlines, other)
- Stay up to date on the latest technical services through training, bulletins, campaigns, etc.
- Acquire necessary training as required.
- Uses diagnostic procedure to identify the symptoms of the problem, the conditions under which they occur,
- Follow occupation health and safety rules and regulations
Style and culture fit
The role holder must exhibit the below behaviors:
- Able to interact effectively with others
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-starter, able to solve problems without asking – recognizing when to ask if necessary
- Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment.
Qualification and experience required
- Automotive Diploma/degree
Two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience in the automotive industry
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September 2021.
Indicating Service Technician on the Mail subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.