Welfare Officer Job at Aga Khan Hospital
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok. With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following vacant positions:
Reporting to the Credit Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing patients’ viability for possible consideration for welfare financing, support in the applications and vetting of potential welfare cases and provide documentary support to management for decision making.
Responsibilities for the Welfare Officer Job:
- Assess viability for welfare qualifications.
- Monitor bills for in – patients on welfare support.
- Participate in fundraising for patient welfare kitty.
- Coordinate with the Credit Controller and Finance leadership on management of welfare budget.
- Facilitate applications of viable patient cases for consideration for welfare financing.
- Carry out other welfare management functions for continuity of healthcare provision.
Welfare Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management / Administration from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years Credit management work experience preferably in a Hospital environment.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 2nd October, 2018. If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”