Laboratory Technologist Job at Aga Khan Hospital
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok. With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following vacant positions:
HOMA – BAY MEDICAL CENTER
Narok Medical Center
Reporting to the Senior House Officer In charge the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Receive and process specimens, release patients results and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
Laboratory Technologist Job Requirements
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in hematology, biochemistry, histology and microbiology is essential.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2nd October, 2018. If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”