Administration Officer Job at CBM
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Objectives: Responsible and accountable for all administration, procurement and safety & security matters at CBM Office in Nairobi.
Main Tasks for the Administration Officer Job
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Coordinate visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers;
- Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organizing and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits;
- Ensure the timely development of annual work plans and budgets for the department;
- Manage,prepare, circulate, file and archive all administrative and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures.
- Supervise country office administrative staff;
- Coordinate with relevant person’s full cycle of procurement processes as per CBM /applicable donor guide.
- Safety and security focal point for the Nairobi office, ensure all staff and visitors comply with Safety and Security SOP in the country.
- Inventory and Asset Management as per laid down procedures.
- Ensure all CBM assets, equipment and vehicles are timely and adequately covered for risks through various applicable insurance products;
- Model and promote CBM’s values, culture and inclusive practices and promote disability and gender equality with colleagues;
Administration Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in /Business related field with a specialization/bias in Procurement;
- CIPS qualification and KISM membership is an added advantage.
- Driving proficiency will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4-years of experience in a in a similar role ensuring effective operations in administration, systems and controls particularly with an international development organization
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, flexible, self-directed and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues
How to Apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to Recruit.Nairobi@cbm.org.
Application deadline: 5 pm 7th February 2019
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.